When you visit our website www.wmi-water.com, information is likely to be recorded in the “cookies” installed on your computer, tablet or mobile telephone. This page is designed to help you understand what a cookie is, what it is used for and how you can change the settings.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file stored, with your permission, on your device (computer, mobile or tablet) when you visit a website or click on an ad. It is used to collect information about your browsing actions and send you services adapted to your device (computer, mobile or tablet). Cookies are managed by your browser; only the entity issuing a cookie can read or modify the information contained in it.
A cookie does not identify you personally; it identifies the browser on your device.
What are the cookies on our site used for?
3 types of cookie addressing the purposes described above can be installed on your device when you visit our website:
1. Technical cookies are necessary to browse our website and access the different products and services. Technical cookies are used to recognize you and indicate your visit to one of its pages, and in this way enhance your browsing comfort by adapting the presentation of the site to the display preferences of your device (language used, display resolution) and memorizing the passwords and other information contained in a form you have filled out on the site (registration or access to the members space). Technical cookies also enable use of security measures (as for instance when you are asked to connect again to the members space after a certain lapse of time). These cookies cannot be desactivated or reset without the risk of you being denied access to the site and/or the services on it.
2. Audience-measurement cookies are installed by us or our technical service providers so as to measure the audience, using the different content and rubrics on our site to enable better assessment or organization of this content and rubrics. These cookies may also allow us to detect browsing problems and hence improve the ergonomics of our services. These cookies produce only anonymous statistics and visitor volumes, to the exclusion of any personal information. The lifespan of these audience-measurement cookies does not exceed 13 months.
3. Social media” cookies allow users to share the content on our site with other people, and let these other people know that they have viewed content on the site or their opinion on this content. This is the case, in particular, for the “share” and “like” buttons on social media such as “Facebook”, “Twitter” or “LinkedIn”. A social media network that provides this type of application button can identify you from this button, even if you have not used it when visiting our site. We advise you to consult the private protection policies of these social media networks to find out about the uses, notably advertising, of the browsing information they may collect thanks to these application buttons. The lifespan of these cookies does not exceed 13 months.
Your choices concerning cookies
By using our site, you agree to use of the cookies described above. However, you can at any time choose to deactivate all or part of these cookies, except for the technical cookies required for functioning of the site as indicated above. Your browser can also be set to alert you of cookies stored in your device and ask you whether to accept them or not.
1. Refuse a cookie using your browsing software
You can at any time choose to deactivate all or part of the cookies. Your browser can also be set to alert you of cookies stored in your device and ask you whether to accept them or not (case-by-case or all cookies). We remind you, however, that deactivating all cookies will prevent you from using our site under normal conditions, except for basic functions.
As concerns management of cookies and your choices, the configuration of each browser is different. It is described in the help menu of your browser, which you can use to find out how to modify your wishes concerning cookies.
You can also set your browser so that it sends a code indicating to websites that you do not wish to be tracked (‘Do Not Track’ option):
2. Refuse an audience-measurement cookie
On our website, audience cookies are installed by Google Analytics.
- If you do not want our site to store cookies in your browser for audience-measurement purposes, you can click on the following deactivation link, which will install on your browser a cookie whose sole function is to block these cookies. Click here to refuse Google audience-measurement cookies.
3. Refuse a cookie issued by a social media network
If you do not want our site to store cookies in your browser for this purpose, you can click on the following deactivation links, which will store on your browser a cookie whose sole purpose is to block use of other cookies from the same issuer. Deactivating these cookies will therefore prevent any interaction with the social media networks concerned:
NB: registering your wishes as concerns cookies is associated with a specific cookie or cookies. If you delete all the cookies stored in your device concerning our site, we will no longer know which you have accepted or refused. This means that you will have to reinitialize your consent and once again refuse the cookie(s) you do not wish to store. Likewise, if you use another internet browser, you will have to once again refuse these cookies, since your choices, like the cookies they concern, are associated with the browser and the device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) that you use to visit our site.