Following the good performance of the project, despite very complicated conditions due to the Covid-19 crisis, an addition to the contract has been signed on the 21st of July 2020, in order to extend the access to potable water for the local community.
The second phase of the project has a value of 60% of the original contract, and includes:
- replacement of 14 km additional of pipes with HDPE, up to,
- including 40% pipe bursting,
- installation of 60 new network valves,
- installation of new firefighting systems in sectors working with water 24/24,
- 2,000 new domestic connections.
This second phase is scheduled to finish by the end of June 2021.