Since 2016, WMI has been supporting the National Water Utility of Benin, the SONEB, for the implementation of a major non-revenue water (NRW) project, aiming at improving the efficiency and viability of water supply systems of Cotonou, Abomey-Calavi and Porto Novo.
Based on services “à la carte”, WMI carry out several activities:
- elaboration of an NRW action plan,
- implementation of trimestral NRW reporting,
- preparation of TDR and/or supervision of contract:
- on engineering services: SCADA water production upgrade, computerized maintenance management system (CMMS), network mapping/SIG, modelling and network zoning,
- on equipment procurement: water meters, water test bench, leak detection equipment, flow and pressure temporary devices.
WMI will stay available to continue its support in the coming couple of years, if the principal project is extended up to 2023. WMI will be an asset to technically advise the SONEB and its contractors in the installation of a water network sectorization of Porto Novo.